Tuesday 2 February 2016

Things I Learned In January, 2016


Only a day late this time ;) Determined to continue with the learning and sharing. Remembering how much the Bear appreciated these little peeks into my consciousness.
January 2016, lessons and observations...

  • There is a strange, bittersweet freedom that comes from losing everything.
  • The death of my love has not decreased my lust for him.
  • The Lovehoney Silencer 2.0 is not silent! It is a perfect clone of my beloved Anne Summers Glitteratti though!
  • I really love wearing leggings as pants. Total conversion.
  • Never underestimate the power of humans to treat you like shit.
  • I am stronger than I ever imagined. Strength <3
  • I can trust some people. Possibly. Or not.
  • I really love having my own mermaid flat. Freedom <3
  • The funeral of my love felt right to me. It meant so much to be there to kiss his coffin one last time.
  • Trust in little signs of love from the other side <3 <3 <3
  • Little treats are important! Mexican Mondays at Wetherspoons and (red) rum slushies at The Pilgrim.
  • Asda sell an amazing beef/pork combo mince!
  • I have needed to use the phrase 'what the actual fuck!' a record number of times this month.
  • Super grateful for lovely friends, both old and new. Aisling, Emily and James, Jess and Dan, Dan, Porkchop, William and Niamh, Barbara. 
January flew by in a maelstrom of grief, terror, confusion, anxiety, and more confusion. And now it is February. And I still haven't blogged about 'The Incident', I know. My people know most of the story by now I guess. But I will publish more, eventually. I know that I'm not the only one to experience this time of grand scale misadventure, and you all know how I feel about perpetuating taboos via silence. No, just no. There is no such thing as a silent mermaid ;) Even if you take our voices, we will type our stories. We will carve them in the flesh of drowning men. We will never ever be content with silence ;)

February marks Women in Horror Month, and I'm celebrating this super important season by getting my reading rotation back on track. I'm cross stitching along to Kate Mosse ' The Mistletoe Bride and other Haunting Tales' right now. Then I have new-to-me Anne Rice to catch up on. Super grateful for audiobooks and the power of multitasking! Vowing to read only lady writers this month anyway. And maybe even write a bit myself? 

Stitching rotation right now... The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Pumpkin Passport and Storytime Sampler. Super excited about both of these! And yes, it is still weird to me every-time I realise I'm happy/excited about shit again! Seriously?! I am though. Thank you Pumpkins!

Until next time dear readers, stay fucking weird xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.