Saturday 17 January 2015

My First Proper 12x12 Layouts :)



I have been making layouts! And I love it! It took me a while to get comfortable with the larger canvas, but I'm gaining confidence (and having more fun!) with every page I make. 


Today I am sharing two layouts I made on Thursday using the Studio Calico Far Far Away scrapbook Kit plus add-on patterned paper. The first is a pineapple themed New Year's Eve celebration, heavily influenced by Celine Navarro's layout here ...


I stitched the pineapple embellishment using the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Summer Sampler chart and a scrap of opal aida. Love adding my stitching to my scrapbooks!



My large letters and 2015 were hand-cut using chipboard and acetate aplhas from past kits as a template. The 'hello' is a silkscreen in acrylic paint on vellum.



The big gold glitter hearts are from last years December Daily kit.


My second layout of the day is a celebration of glorious summer memories :)


I loved using the deep indigo cardstock here.  I made the artwork on the lower half of the page using acrylic paint on a book page, applied using a gift-card.


The elephants and balloons were heat embossed on top using white zing. The gold 'shine' is another silkscreen.


Gold doilies and that bright turquoise '&' make me happy :) Almost everything here is from the Magic Carpet add-on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.