Friday 16 January 2015

Project Life 2015!


So very excited to finally share my cover page for this years Project Life album! Read on for some thoughts on my process and set-up for this year's day-to-day memory keeping :)






Things...

I decided to stick with 12x12 for this year. Realistically, I scrap too hard and fast to go smaller and would have filled way too many 6x8 Handbooks. I'm using a Cobalt faux leather WRMK album right now. I do love the smaller albums for mini projects, but for PL I just need the space. As tempting as the new Studio Calico 9x12 Handbooks are...

I didn't do a cover page last year! This year I really wanted to shift the focus of PL away from just me, and look at our household more as a family unit, telling all of our stories. So I tried to set that tone in my cover page. Right now we are a family of three, including the cat. And life is what it is. And definitely worth celebrating.

I want to include more handmade embellishments this year! Mini cross stitch pieces and lots more stamping and watercolours. The cross stitch pieces I have included so far are all The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery designs, stitched up on tiny scraps of aida or linen left over from other projects. I would like to include yarn scraps from my knitting in a similar way, but haven't quite figured that out yet!

I am sticking with my Studio Calico Project Life kit subscription! I love the variety of products and how each month's release has a different feel. I do also subscribe to the main scrapbook kit so I sometimes use scraps from that kit in my PL too. Love that all the monthly kits co-ordinate!

I am using Becky Higgins Design F almost exclusively. I need to keep it simple. I print my photos either 3x4 (2 per 6x4 print) or 2x2 (6 per 6x4 print). I print via snapfish and cut apart the small prints myself. I use a rotary cutter and acrylic ruler, because I am a quilter :)

Biggest difference this year... sharing! I never, not once, photographed and shared a completed PL spread in 2014! I really wish I had, but it is way too overwhelming a task for right now. But I will try my best to share all my makings from now on, even if the photos aren't super great. I don't have any paper-loving real life friends so sharing with my community online is so so important!

I'll be back soon to share my Week One PL spread :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.