Sunday 27 September 2015

Mini Book Monday, Listers Gotta List August!


One of my major 2015 goals is to share more of my finished projects! I'm pretty good at sharing my planner challenges on instagram each day, but at the end of each month I just jump straight into my next set of challenges and struggle to find time to actually photograph my finished project for the previous month!

I do always finish them though! In August, I completed both the #listersgottalistaugust challenge and the #creativemidorichallenge. One challenge per page, to create one full spread per day throughout the month. I used the daily pages from the August Cocoa Daisy planner inserts and worked on the project in my Personal Filofax. I loved being able to work on this project every day! Each page came together super fast and the two challenges together added up to make a beautiful little mini-book full of happy summer memories.




































I made a cover for my August mini using a pretty plastic cover from an old Paperchase notebook. I had been hoarding this cover for a while as it was way too pretty to get rid of, and it feels great to have a permanent home for it. I trimmed the plastic on the three unpunched sides to fit my inserts (with some overhanging cover to protect my sticky-out bits!), and used binder rings to hold the whole thing together. The original holes in the notebook cover conveniently fit the rings and lined up with four of the original Filofax personal punch-holes.

I worked on this project live each day, so it had to come on vacation with me to Malaga! Crafting in the sunshine outside my poolside hotel room was so so wonderful! And I learned a lot about paper crafting on the road, and what works for me in terms of supplies to bring and prep work to do.

I'll be putting together a similar project once my September #listersgottalist is complete :) Then I'm changing it up for October. I am most definitely still doing the #listersgottalist challenge (love it way to much to quit!), but not as a mini book/planner insert. I'll share details of what I am doing once October gets underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.